The State Florida is located in the southeastern region of the United States, and one of the most populous states, in the U.S. Florida is known for having great weather, and many Armed Services. The state also offers no state income tax, and many counties offer property tax discounts for disabled veterans. Florida relies on sales tax and property tax only, to pay its bills. Property taxes are used for to pay for the schools, while sales tax pays for everything from administrative costs to laying roads.
MILITARY BASES IN FLORIDA
Florida is known for the most military-friendly state in the nation. There are 21 military bases in the State of Florida, in U.S. These include:
- Florida Army Bases (1)
- Air Force Bases (5)
- Florida Coast Guard Bases (3)
- Florida Marine Corps Bases (1) and
- Florida Navy Bases (11)
Air Force bases such as Eglin, Hurlburt, Mac Dill, Patrick, and Tyndall. Other bases such as Camp Blanding Army base, the Blount Island Command Marine Corps Base, Air Station Clearwater, District 7 and ISC Miami Coast Guard bases. Also, there are 11 U.S. Navy bases are in Florida.
Check Also: Military Bases in US
The Air Force bases are located in:
- Valparaiso, Mary Esther, Tampa, Brevard and in Panama.
The Navy bases are located in:
- West Palm Beach, Panama City, Jacksonville, Key West, Pensacola, Milton, Orlando and Duval.
The Coast Guard bases are located in:
- Clearwater, Miami and Miami Beach.
The Blount Island Marine Corps is located in Jacksonville and Camp Blanding Army base in Starke. There is also Training Center and Naval Hospital located in Pensacola Navy Base and another Naval Hospital in Jacksonville.
FLORIDA’S MILITARY ADVANTAGES
- Most Military-friendly State, in the nation. Offers support for military spouses, extensive veterans’ health care network, education benefits, and most importantly no state income tax, low corporate tax rates, and a favourite business tax.
- The Mission of the Florida Defense Support Task Force is a legislatively-mandated Council to preserve, protect and enhance Florida’s military missions and installations.
- A critical strategic advantage in Florida is the Joint Gulf Range Complex. This encompasses 180,000 Sq. Miles of DoD controlled the airspace over the Gulf of Mexico.
- The State’s training area also contains multiple live-fire bombing ranges such as Avon Park Air Force Range, Pinecastle Range, and the Eglin Bombing Range.
- The state offers an array of optimum military training environments, including Joint Gulf Test Range, the Jacksonville Range Complex, and the Eastern Ranges on the Space Coast.
- The state economy is on agriculture and tourism. But, the Defense comes next to it as the military spent $31.3 billion across the State, in goods and services, pensions, and salaries.
- Florida’s 21 major military installations and defense business presence provide a $73 billion annual economic support.
To conclude, many Armed Services members claim Florida as their State of Residence. Many military bases are located within driving distances; the state has the most coastlines of any of the 48 continental states. Also, Florida has a wide variety of entertainment options, from theme parks to museums.